Saturday, June 2, 2012

Times Square

SO. I don't think I'll go back to Times Square without a gun to my head. Yes, they have my two favoritest stores from Canada, 'Tim Horton's' coffee (double double) and the clothing store 'Joe Fresh," but the whole time there i might have well been in Tennessee or the Midwest. Because it was FULL of Red Lobsters, TGI Fridays and other crap American places that are literally from the same area as these people are visiting from. They are going to the same bar's and stores that they could find at home. The only difference is they are paying butt loads of money for a hotel to do it in. They are willingly flocking to an area that smells more like piss and garbage then anywhere else in New York City. The look on my face in this photo says it all.
It was also beginning to rain a bit, the weather was only 68 degrees so it created this fog effect on all the buildings as i walked. I took a ton of pictures but these are my favorite.
I walked around and around till about 1am and headed back to hotel, which sounds more depressing then it was. I prefer walking to sitting at a bar, especially since i had 4 free Stella's at work happy hour. THE BEst NEWS SO FAR TODAY, since it is only 1:40pm, I saw an apartment on the Lower East Side at 11am that is a 20 minute walk to my work in Soho and they e-mailed me after saying they were 99% sure they would pick me. They are a cute, young Asian couple that are my age. The rent is 1,400 a month, its a 2/1 with a big living room and kitchen and bathroom (and a tub since LUSH is across my job with all those bath bombs). So after that exciting news I walked around a tons of stores in China Town, since my apartment is at the entrance and this really cool park where there were tons of older Asian coupes doing Thai Chi and marshal arts. There were rows and rows of tables where they were playing card games and a playground of all the little kids running around.I also saw one of my favorite drinks I had in Montreal China Town, Bubble Tea!!
Then I went to a store called "Pearl River Market" a giant three story store featuring anything and everything Asian You could imagine and then some. They had the third floor devoted to just tea.
Then i wondered around little Italy which fights for customers since its adjacent to China Town.
Ate lunch at Gourmet Garage, a deli/Gourmet Market that had sushi made to order and the best soup I've had so far. Changing cloths and heading back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment