Thursday, January 31, 2013

Work

So, work. I never write about work itself because i spend too much damn time there.

But

maybe i should


I will start with the good. This week i won $50 in a contest with my fellow teammates. Only 3 of us won, same prize of 50 bucks, the breakdown is too complicated and you'd have to work there to get the metrics, so its whomever worked the most for a Friday (our slowest days always). This Month, January has been on one of my top months....ever. My numbers are great. Most widget ever! These are examples of widgets i put on Doctors profiles to direct patients to their ZocDoc profiles to drive up appointments, its so hard to get and we need to get at least one daily. Can you imagine calling offices to get login info for websites or web companies? That's a small part of my job. It's also the hardest because most people don't have that information readily available!

Okay the not so great news, i haven't done well at work before January. I was out with my awful wisdom teeth for 10 days and then December i was on vacation to visit home for the holidays. Unfortunately at my job, vacation days don't matter to them. So even though i had doctor's notes of bleeding out, approved vacation days, i was taken into a room and asked if I wanted to stay and if I liked working here. My number's were not bad, they just weren't at the top. They were in the middle. Bottom middle-ish. As mad as i was to be asked a stupid question like that, (i mean after all i took two cases with all i could fit my life into and moved from Florida to NYC) I thought, did i want to be there? I was upset. I asked Cory, he told me this,

"Even if you hate your job, you'll hate it more if you're the worst."


He was right, though, it's not THAT extreme, i don't HATE my job (we'll leave it at that) and i'm not the worst, he had a point. So i made a point to pick it up this month. I'm going to have to work my ass off since next month i have so much going on and im leaving for Disney Princess Run. May god give me the strength to keep my mouth closed and my head down working.

No comments:

Post a Comment