Monday, September 9, 2013

Toronto

Every summer I look forward to my visit to the great white north, Canada. I get to see my Uncle Mike as well as my parents who teach Tennis there in the summer. This year in particular was extra fun as we visited the Toronto Islands.

Not only was it fun because I had never been to the islands but also because my grandparents, (on my fathers side) met there. I don't know very much about either side of my grandparents family history so this was special. I do know they met there and lived in the Bahamas soon after. 

I just happened to find this article about my grandfather recently, he went to the wedding of Prince Charles and Dianna,  http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=950&dat=19810630&id=sWdQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=clkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=7092,4693304
and spoke about them with the local paper (in the Bahamas). I also found these Images and article in Town and Country (link: http://windermereislandclub.com/press/TownCountry-March1981.pdf

The Cover




The Toronto Islands 

























No comments:

Post a Comment