Monday, March 25, 2013

A reflection in photos


We don't have an oven, I am told by Angela, my Chinese friend, that is because the Chinese don't bake. Whether that's true or not (it would explain the Asian bakery's every 1/3 mile in Chinatown and my first apartment did not have an oven and it was a big apartment) it means I can't really bake.  Until we have an oven, Cory got me a cupcake maker and i have been experimenting with frosting. Speculoos is a great desert spread only found in Trader Joe's (or specialty markets), which is our supermarket. Its a Graham Cracker spread that tastes a little gingerbread-ish but not really.  It's just good. I mix it with (or have it spread alone) over cupcakes as frosting. I give it to Cory to take to work to make friends but really he eats them at his desk.







It was warm one day, some day (not today) and I took this photo of Cory, we run along this pathway. From the Brooklyn Bridge (Sea Port) to 23rd street and back, about 8 miles total.  




My friend Chayla always has us over to her apartment,  a few weekends ago she had a dinner party (I kinda forced her too because i'm obsessed with her dog and apartment) at her place in Williamsburg. Let me say, I don't like Brooklyn very much, I like the space. No one dreams of coming to the Big Beautiful City of Brooklyn and the hipsters are THE worst. THE WORST part of Brooklyn.  I always say, you can dislike people but you've never really disliked people like you will in Williamsburg. It's the Olympics of disliking people.
Anyways.
Her boyfriend was there visiting from D.C. and has become friends with Cory. They both like soccer and are funny so i guess that for boys that = friendship. Seriously though, he is very nice and funny just like Chayla whom I met through work.  They are both from Missouri, very sweet, nice people and she puts up with me so I'll take it.

I have however, tried to steal their dog on many occasions. It's a miniature Husky, which means it will always be this adorably small. SO small.





It will be mine




Weather here has been crap. It snowed the first day of spring which i have found just makes everyone even angrier  You can think, oh heeeeyyy New Yorker's cant get angrier but then you delay Spring and everyone is shanking everyone like it's a prison courtyard.

Cory took a screen shot on his Iphone from our conversation, I was meeting him at the gym from work and got distracted. I was being serious until he realized i was going to be late and then i had to tell him i was kidding (I wasn't). 



No comments:

Post a Comment